Monday, June 3, 2019

My return from an unofficial hiatus with a June TBR!

So I'm back. I decided to take a break from blogging whilst my exams were happening, but now I'm into the second week of exams and don't need to revise as intensely, so I can get back to blogging. I have a lot of reviews lined up for the next few weeks but I thought I'd start with a casual TBR and chat so that I can slip back into blogging.


(accurate representation of me this month)


I know this month is Pride month (which I'm very excited about) but I haven't been able to find a pride-related book that I could read this month. My main problem has been that I have no idea which books have pride rep in them so if anyone has some YA recommendations for pride I would very much appreciate that!

For the past few months I've been taking part in a really fun reading challenge called the Harry Potter Challenge over on Goodreads, where I've got to read 14 books to pass my exams and become an auror. There are so many wizarding careers to choose from so I would highly recommend you go check out the challenge yourself. For my challenge this month I'm going to read Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and possibly Who Runs the World by Virginia Bergin which will wrap up my challenge completely!

On the note of Harry Potter, the annual Harry Potter readathon starts on June 10 this moth so I will be reading the first three books in the Harry Potter series towards the end of the month. Also, exciting news! It is the readathon's 5-year anniversary this year so it is a super special readathon this year!

Final readathon that I'm taking part in this month is the Ghilbi-a-thon which is taking place from June 10 - June 16 (which is during my last week exams but it's fine). As I'm going to be super busy that week I'm only planning on reading 3 books for these challenges but you never know! I might have a super reading sprint on the weekend and read books for all the prompts (fat chance). I'm going to read Howl's Moving Castle (group read), Clockwork Angel (Arriety) and The Good, The Bad and The Dumped (The Wind Rises) for this challenge and might even watch a Ghilbi film.


My final TBR for this month:

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Who Runs The World by Virginia Bergin
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
The Good, the Bad and the Dumped by Jenny Colgan
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare 

I honestly wasn't planning on reading this many books this month but I'm so excited for all the books I'm going to be reading that I don't really mind too much. I'm most excited to re-read Clockwork Angel because I've been obsessively thinking about it since I read Lady Midnight, but I'm pretty stoked for all these books.

What books are you going to read this month? Are you taking part in any readathons?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment