Sunday, December 30, 2018

December Haul: all my Christmas goodies!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I'm back from my unofficial unplanned hiatus in which I had a breakdown about how much school work I have to do and then decided to ignore all of it in favour of watching the Shadowhunters TV series on Netflix. I promise you I am a functioning human being!

And what a better way o return than to talk about all the books that I got for Christmas and 100% don't have any time to read (but I'm going to read anyway because procrastination). This Christmas I got _ from various family members as well as a gorgeous record player which will probably make an appearance on my bookstagram at some point (casual self-promo, go follow musical books on Instagram).

Anyways...onto the books!


Rhett & Link's Book of Mythicality
Image result for rhett and link's book of mythicality

I love Rhett and Link, and used to watch a Good Mythical Morning everyday before school. Now I'm more of a casual watcher but I still love all the content that they put and am so proud of everything that they have achieved together.

My family actually gives some presents on Christmas Eve, to keep up with our Austrian roots which I will admit that was a bad idea because I stayed up late into the night looking through this book!

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads


Image result for amulet book 8Image result for ms marvel generation why

Ms Marvel: Generation Why


Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads

Amulet #8: Supernova

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads




Image result for les miserables manga
Image result for the women's atlas
Les Miserables (manga)

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads

The Women's Atlas

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads





Image result for one million lovely lettersImage result for the princess diarist

The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads

One Million Lovely Letters

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads







The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads

The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads





Image result for the shadow web book

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads

Shadow Web by N.M. Browne

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads






Highly Illogical Behaviour by John Corey Whaley

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads

Last Night in Montreal by Emily St John Mandel

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads





And the most beautiful book of all:



Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare



Overall, I'm very happy with all the books I received this month, mainly due to the fact that I asked for them! I feel like my Christmas haul was quite diverse with books aimed at all different age groups and written in many different genres. There were a surprising amount of fantasy, considering I don't usually think of myself as a fantasy lover, but maybe that is a genre I will reach for more in 2019!

Which books did you receive this Christmas? Have you read any of the books on my list?
Let me know in the comments below!
And until next time, keep reading!  




No comments:

Post a Comment