Thursday, November 15, 2018

Books I'll Probably Never Read Tag

This week's tag is a little more negative than usual because I'm going to be talking about all the books I don't care about. Usually I try to only talk about the books I like, mainly because it is more interesting, but I thought this week would be a good time to reflect on some of the books that I don't want to read.

The tag was created by Marisa on her Youtube channel littlespider9, so go check her out!

1- A hyped book you never plan to read

I don' plan on reading The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, even though multiple people have told me it is an excellent book. Psychological thrillers don't really interest me and I don't care much for the plot of this book.

2- A series you aren't going to start or finish

The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Mass. 
Since reading the first book I've not thought about this series at all, and don't feel bad about not carrying on with it. Recently I've heard a lot of negative reviews about the series, and more people seem to be DNF-ing the series than when it first came out, so that doesn't motivate me to carry on reading.

3- A classic you aren't interested in reading

Silas Marner by George Eliot
I had to read it for GCSE and I got about three pages in before I went onto SparkNotes. This book drove me crazy and I never want to pick it up again.

4- Genres you never read

I'm always open to new genres and will give every book a try before giving up on it. There are a couple of genres, like Paranormal and Sci-Fi, which I rarely read but I'm always open to try it out again.

5- A book on your shelf which you probably won't read

I don't want to put any book under this category because I do want to read every book I own one day. However, a book I don't see myself getting to in a while is Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings. I don't read a lot of Sci-Fi and the reviews for this book were quite negative (from what I could see). Maybe after I've explored the sci-fi genre some more I'll get round to it...

What is one book that you will never read? Have you read any of the books I've mentioned?
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment