Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Books I'm reading this Autumn

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Fall 2019 TBR

Autumn is my favourite time of the year so I am very excited at the moment! I love the reds and oranges of the leaves changing colour, I love the warm drinks and big jumpers, and if you're English you'll know that Bonfire Night is coming up soon, which I am eagerly anticipating. But my favourite part of this time of year is that it is socially acceptable to stay in and read books when it's raining and cold outside.

I try not to make plans for TBRs anymore because I never stick to them and then I feel guilty about the fact that I didn't read those books and it becomes a whole mess. However (!), I have decided on a few books that I want to read this season, mainly because I'm trying to complete a Halloweenathon, but also because I need to plan which books to bring back to university with me. 

Now after that very long explanation, onto the books!

Genre 1- Murder Mystery and Detective Books

A Game of Ghosts by John Connolly
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

Genre 2- Horror Books

Mother, Mother by Koren Zailckas
Purge by Sofi Oksanen

Genre 3- Fantasy Books

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

Genre 4- Halloweenathon

The Circus of Adventure by Enid Blyton
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
The Hobbet by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

That's 12 books in total, but I'll probably end up switching them around and reading other books because I am so indecisive and get distracted by other books on my shelf. 

What books are you reading this season? Have you read any of the books on my list?
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

8 comments:

  1. I have so many I want to read this Autumn, always so hard to narrow them down!

    Lotte | www.lottelauv.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that problem too! I wrote the list and then kept on adding other books that I wanted to read until there were far too many to count!

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about The Raven King, too.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading it this week and I seriously hope it is as good as everyone says (fingers crossed).

      Delete
  3. The Hobbit is the perfect book to read at this time of the year. Enjoy!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I say every year but I always seem to put it off! Hopefully I'll actually read it this year, because I've been in the mood for fantasy books all summer.

      Delete
  4. The Red Pyramid is one of my favorite Rick Riordan books! I hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you said that because I've been putting it off for years and I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it! Not many people talk about this series, so I'm glad I've found someone who does recommend it (it's given me a boost to actually get around to reading it)

      Delete