Thursday, September 26, 2019

The Autumn Book Tag

Autumn is official here and I for one am so excited! It is my favourite season of the year, because everything becomes cosy again and people start getting excited for the Holiday season. I'm one of those people who enjoys the buildup to celebrations almost as much as the day itself so the Autumn season is the time that I thrive.

I decided to celebrate the start of the season with a book tag (as all good people do). I've done tags like this before, once in 2017 and once in 2018, so feel free to check them out as well. Also check out The Quirky Book Nerd because I saw this tag over on her blog.

1- What are your favourite things about Autumn?

I love everything about Autumn, from the hot drinks to the cold weather because it is perfect reading weather. When you're trapped inside from the rain what more is there to do than sit down with a good book and a cosy jumper?

2- What book reminds you of your school days?

I think a lot of people will agree with me when I say Romeo and Juliet because it seems to be required reading for almost everyone! I've lost counts of the amount of times I've read the play, acted out scenes or watched the movie adaptation but I do know it is far too many.

3- What cover reminds you of Autumn?


Fox 8

4- What is your favourite horror or Halloween story?

I don't read a lot of horror books (maybe it's a genre to get into?) but I recently read Lost Boy by Christina Henry and absolutely loved it. It is more of a retelling then a horror but there are definitely parts of that book that still haunt me now!

5- What is your favourite horror or Halloween movie?

The Nightmare before Christmas! I've been waiting for the Halloween season since about February so that I can watch it and get into the festive mood. 

Also confession: I've never seen Hocus Pocus.

6- What Autumn releases are you looking forward to?

Top of the list is The Starless Sea (which I think is at the top of a lot of people's list), closely followed by The Places I've Cried in Public. Both of these authors are in my top ten favourite writers so of course I am very excited that they are releasing books in the same month.

7- What Autumn movie release are you looking forward to?

I don't actually know too much about the movies that are coming out this Autumn, but I am looking forward to Joker. I love any story about a villain's background and the Joker is one of my favourite villains of all time.

8- What three books are you planning on reading this Autumn?

I just did a post about the top books I am planning to read this Autumn (which I'll link here), but three that I didn't mention on that post are Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Never Let Me Go and Just One Day.

What are you planning on reading this Autumn? What is your favourite horror story?
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment