Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Pastry Book Tag

I don't know if it's just me but Autumn always makes me think of pastries. Maybe it's just the Austrian inside of me but I have been craving an apple strudel since September began.

To celebrate Autumn I'm going to do this tag that was created by Aine and I'll leave a link to her original post here.

Croissant: 
A popular book or series that everyone (including you) loves.

So the obvious answer here would be Harry Potter, but I'm going to go with The Mortal Instruments series because I am yet to find a person who did not enjoy this series.

Macaron:
A book that is hard to get through but is worth it in the end.

I'm going to go with 1984 by George Orwell. I adored this book once I'd got into it but the writing style is very hard to get sucked into.

Vol-au-vent:
A book you thought would be amazing but fell flat.

Unpopular opinion, but Champion by Marie Lu. 
Full review here.

Pain au chocolat:
A book you thought would be one thing but turned out to be another thing.

I wasn't expecting how fantastical The Night Circus was going to turn out. And the synopsis is a lie because it is so much more than just a battle between magicians.

Profiterole:
A book or series that doesn't get enough attention.

Faceless by Alyssa Sheinmel.  This book is one of my absolute favourites and I tell literally everyone I know to read it. I have to convince myself every day not to read it again because I love it that much.

Croquembouche:
A book or series that is extremely complex.

The Cassandra Clare extravaganza is the most complex book series out there, and you can't convince me otherwise. There are now 11 books and 2 novellas in this series as well as a movie and tv show. Although it isn't the most complex writing style there is so much depth to this series that it takes forever to catch up!

Napoleon:
A movie or TV show that you liked more than the book.

The Sword of Sharanna Chronicles. So I technically haven't read this series but I read the first three chapters and got bored. The TV series was much better as it kept me gripped and got rid of all the long, boring sections of the books.

Empanda: 
A book that was very bittersweet.

Pfft...I'm going to go with Clockwork Prince for this one. Don't get me wrong, I adored this book and can't wait to read Clockwork Princess but I was so annoyed at the ending. Nothing went the way I wanted it to and I am not happy with Cassandra Clare!

Kolompeh
A book or series that takes place somewhere other than your home country.

Literally every single book I read takes place in a country other than my home country but the most interesting answer is probably The Silver Sword by Ian Serraillier (or The Martian).

Pate a choux:
A food from a book that you would like to try.

Chocolate Frogs from the HarryPotter series. I know they have created a chocolate frog but it isn't the same as having a real chocolate frog.

What is your favourite pastry? Which fictional food would you like to try? Have you done this tag? Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment