Thursday, November 8, 2018

Hocus Pocus Book Tag

I know this tag is technically a week late, and that Halloween has been and gone, but I loved doing this tag so I'm going to post it anyway.

Halloween has never been a big deal in my family. We usually just carve some pumpkins and give out sweets to any trick or treaters who knock on our door. As a result I've never actually seen Hocus Pocus but I would love to see it one day. This tag is perfect to get you in the Halloweeny mood without being super scary.

This tag was created by NeverNotReading, so go check her out.

The Sanderson Sisters: A Great Trilogy

If you've been on my blog before you will know that my all time favourite trilogy is The Sign of One Trilogy bu Eugene Lambert. Each book is better than the last and I was gripped until the very end, even if I wanted it to be five books longer.

Winifred Sanderson: A truly evil female villain

The first female villain that comes into my mind is Queen Levana from the Lunar Chronicles. Even though I've only read half of the series I can already tell that she is going to be a completely evil woman.

Sarah Sanderson: A book children love

Technically I'm still legally a child so any book I love is a book children love. But a better person to look at is my brother, who is 10 and reads a lot of books. At the moment he is working his way through Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy and is loving every single book.

Mary Sanderson: A book that is just plain silly

In my English Literature-snob way I'm going to say Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I will admit that I haven't read this book but I have watched the film and listened to it on the radio, and from what I gathered it is a sort of sarcastic comment on the Gothic genre. Which sounds hilarious.

Max: A book that is trying too hard to be cool

I think The Siren by Kiera Cass fits under this one. I loved the Selection series but this book just fell a bit short for me. There were so many cliches in this book that it was almost painful to read. It was definitely trying too hard to be a bestseller which made it fall short.

Dani: A book that isn't afraid to tell it like it is

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas wasn't afraid to tell it as it is. My favourite thing about this book isn't that it handles the issue of police brutality in America but that it shows the corruption of the justice system. THUG didn't sugarcoat any part of story, showing the rare emotions and racism that Starr and her family experience everyday.

Binx: A series that just won't die

The Court of Thorns and Roses series has no end in sight. At the moment there are six book scheduled for this series, but I expect that Sarah J. Mass is going to pull it out for as long as possible. I wish both of her series would just...end.

Ice: A book with a character that is as dumb as rocks

No book character springs to mind when I think of dumb people but a dumb character that I do think of is Jason from The Good Place. I've binge watched the entire series over the last two or three days, and absolutely adored every character. Even though Jason is the dumbest person I've ever seen you can't help but love him because he is adorable and always means the best.

The Black Flame Candle: A series you wish you could resurrect

Originally I would have said the Gone series by Michael Grant, but I just found out that the series has been continued (which is very exciting). Therefore I'll have to say A Series of Unfortunate Events because it ended too soon (even though it was 13 book long).

Headless Billy Butcherson: A book that's not as bad as people make it out to be

I was surprised to see that The Hit by Melvin Burgess had quite a low rating on Goodreads. I have loved this book every time I've read it, but I think other people have a problem with the sorts of thing it is promoting, especially as the narrator is a sex-crazed teenage boy who is about to die.

Winifred Sanderson's Spell Book: A book with a mind of its own

I have no idea what this prompt means but for some reason The Book Thief by Markus Zusak comes to mind. I have no clue why but there you go.

Garry Marshall: A book with a cameo

I think the most famous book with this in it is the Anna and the French Kiss trilogy by Stephanie Perkins. All three books are tied together by the characters and it is very well written.

Which series do you wish you could resurrect? What is your favourite Halloween film?
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment