Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Couples that make me realise how lonely I am

Top Ten Tuesday:  Favourite Couples In Books

Valentine's Day is coming up this week and as much as I joke about it being a commercial waste of time I am jealous of all the couples who can spend the day together. I am a hopeless romantic at heart, lapping up any chance of consuming more love (especially as my life seem to be severely lacking). As a result, when I'm not watching romantic films or listening to love songs I read as many cheesy romance novels as possible, falling in love with the love that these characters are sharing.

Today I'm going to share some of my favourite couples that make me feel all the feels and believe that love does exist (also, are you proud of me? there are adult books on this list!)

Lennie and Joe
(The Sky is Everywhere)

These two will forever be my OTP, no couple can be cuter than them and nobody can change my mind. This book is one of my favourites, especially with the poetry interludes that we get between each chapter, and the romance in this book is just as fantastic.


Tessa and Will (Infernal Devices)

Everyone is love with this trilogy and I will happily jump on that bandwagon. I personally love this love this triangle more than the Jace/Clary romance in TMI, but that might just be because I relate with the characters more in this novel. I aspire to have the romance that Tessa and Will have because you can feel their love pouring out of the book.

Karou and Akiva (Daughter of Smoke and Bone)

Any romance intense enough to survive a war is a good romance, and this romance is the perfect example of that. Karou and Akiva have such a sweet but intense love story and I couldn't stop reading about them.


Clare and Henry (Time Traveller's Wife)

So there are some major flaws with this love story, but the amount of love that they shared was just incredible. Clare was willing to spend her life waiting for Henry to come back again, just that she could spend another day with the man she loved. Imagine having a love so strong that you would spend days alone just so that you could see them again.

Dexter and Emma (One Day)

This has a similar premise to Time Traveller's Wife, with their love spanning over 40 years. I loved the film version of this book as well, especially as Anne Hathaway played the role of Emma. I've read this book three times, and every time I am still destroyed by the ending and the love that they share. 

Rosie and Alex (Love, Rosie)

One of my favourite romance tropes is childhood friends turned lovers and this book delivered on so many levels. Every time I read this book I feel overwhelming happiness and have a sense of cosiness inside me. I wish I could end up in this kind of relationship, one that lasts years and years.

Ismae and Duval (Grave Mercy)

I loved this book and the romance that formed between these two. It was so subtle that you barely noticed the romance developing, but somehow you always knew you wanted it to happen. After the past that Ismae had I'm so glad t hat she found love in the form of Duval.

Which fictional couples are your favourites? Are any of them on this list?
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

3 comments:

  1. Clare and Henry were an amazing couple. Nice choice there.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered putting Rosie and Alex on my list, but they made me mad so much that I spitefully did not put them on my list, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh some interesting choices with Karew & Akiva and Dexter & Emma, I did not consider them.

    ReplyDelete