Friday, February 22, 2019

Netflix Book Tag!

I watch a lot of Netflix (naturally, it is 2019). In fact the only thing I do more than watching Netflix is reading, so this book tag is perfect for displaying my love for both my methods of procrastination to everyone. I had a lot of fun thinking of which books fit under these categories, and also looking at what was under each of these categories on my Netflix account!

This tag was created by A Darker Shade Of Whitney over on Youtube, so go check her out!


Recently watched: what was the last book you finished?

The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James, which was an adorable and thought provoking sci-fi. Think Cress mixed with Passengers (the film). I don't usually read sci-fi books but this one captivated me from page one.

Top picks: Recommended to you based on another book you'd read

I was recommended Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin because I loved The Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant so much. I'm actually reading Elsewhere at the moment and I'm enjoying it (but definitely not as much as The Messenger of Fear). It talks about a similar concept (life after death) but the writing style is completely different and it isn't as scary as Michael Grant's book.

Recently Added: the last book you bought

I recently went on a mad charity shopping haul where I went around Canterbury (the big town near me) and grabbed all the books I wanted from each charity shop. Part of that haul included a really pretty edition of The Princess Bride by William Goldman that has an absolutely gorgeous black and white cover. Honestly, it is gorgeous and 100% the cover is the only reason why I bought the book.

Popular on Netflix: pick two books you've read and two you haven't which are getting the hype

Books I have read: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
Books I haven't read:  The Cruel Prince by Holly Black and Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Comedies: A funny book

I usually laugh at anything John Green writes because his characters' sense of humour is very similar to mine. My personal favourite is Turtles All the Way Down, because it is absolutely ridiculous and very sarcastic.

Dramas: A character who is a drama queen/king

Doesn't every single character in a YA novel count? They're all so pumped up with teen angst that it is hard to find a character that isn't dramatic. However, if I had to pick one character that beats all the other characters I'd have to go with Belly from The Summer I Turned Pretty series because she is far more dramatic than most.

Animated: A book with cartoons on the cover

Is it weird that I can't think of a single book for this prompt? I guess the closest thing to a comic would be the new cover of Carry On, but I'm not sure if it actually counts. Does it?

Watch It Again: A book that you want to re-read

I really want to read the Infernal Devices series again, partially because I love Tessa and Will and partially because those books feel like home to me.

Documentaries: A non-fiction book you'd recommend to everyone

I rarely read nonfiction books; I think I've four or five in my entire life. I am trying to read more nonfiction this year and the next on my list is Hidden Figures, which was turned into a film recently. (I know this doesn't really answer the question but hey ho).

Action and adventure: A book that is action packed

The Enemy series by Charlie Higgins. This whole series is packed with action, which can only be expected from a zombie series. I love this series and am hoping to re-read it in the near future.

New releases: A new release that you are excited to read

I'm kinda pumped to read Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen. M. McManus, especially as its been announced as the Booksplosion book of the month for February. The blurb for this book gave me Riverdale vibes, so hopefully it will be a fun read.

What is one book you'd recommend to everyone? And what are you watching on Netflix?
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment