Thursday, April 2, 2020

Back with the books I'm going to read | April TBR | #Magical Readathon 2020

With all the craziness of everything that is going on I think we all need a little bit more magic in our lives, so its the perfect time to join in with the OWLS magical readathon. This is a Harry Potter themed readathon that is hosted by Book Roast and takes place throughout the month of April (so it technically started yesterday but I'm always late to everything).

This readathon is super fun, and I've participated in it a couple of times before, but there is quite a lot of material to read and watch so I'll leave the links to the announcement video and the main website here. 

I decided to go for the Care of Magical Children career before I realised how many books I'll have to read this month (8 books!) but I figured I'd give it a shot considering I've got so much free time. 

Now onto the prompts!

Arithmancy: read something outside your favourite genre
                  -->  The Husband's Secret by Laine Moriarty

Charms: white cover
               --> Matched by Ally Condie

Defence against the Dark Arts: book set at sea / the coast
               --> Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

Herbology: title that starts with an M
                -->  Moranthology by Caitlin Moran 

History of Magic: book featuring witches / wizards
                 --> The Magician's Guild by Trudi Canavan

Potions: Book under 150 pages
              --> Vincent by Barbara Stok

Transfiguration: book that includes shape-shifting
              --> The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

Are you taking part in the OWLs? What career have you picked? And have you read any of the books on my list? Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment