Thursday, December 28, 2017

New Year's Resolutions Book Tag

I only have two resolutions this year: read more and be happy. Whenever I come up with more resolutions I always break them, so I feel like these two are a good place to start. 

This tag was created by Emily and Shivalika so please go check out their original posts!


Get in shape:
A book that doesn't quite fit on your shelf correctly.

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini.
This book is taller than all my books and sticks out more on my shelves so I've compromised by hiding it in my cupboard with the other awkward books I own.

Eat healthily:
A book you feel was good for you to read.

This might shock a few of you but I'm going to say Girl Online by Zoe Sugg. Sure it wasn't the greatest work of literature ever created but it helped me to come to grips with my anxiety whilst making me laugh at the same time!

Read more:
A book you keep telling yourself to read but haven't yet.

A lot of people are saying this but The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. Seriously, I'll get to it one day, but I'm too busy right now...

Quit smoking:
A book you keep going back to even though you've finished it.

Harry Potter. This is really the only book/series that I've read multiple times, and the only book I want to keep re-reading even now!

Save more money:
A book you got for a great price.

I recently bought Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare for only £2 which made me so happy because everywhere else I looked it was £10!

Be more organised:
How do you organise your bookshelf?

My organisational method is very strange because it is different with each shelf. My top two shelves are series, then rainbow TBR books, then rainbow read books with a few TBR books scattered in there and then hardcovers with a few paperbacks as well!

Be punctual:
Shortest and longest time you've spent on a book.

Shortest time was 20 minutes when I read Amulet: The Stonekeeper.
The longest time was 3 months when I had to read Spies by Michael Frayn for school!

Go out more:
A book that isolated you from the outside world.

Literally any book I read that gets a four or five star rating. Or last books in a series. Or books by my favourite authors. Or first books in a series. 

Be unique:
Favourite book from 2017.

That's like asking a mother who is her favourite child! I'll have to go with Faceless by Alyssa.B. Sheinmel though because I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

Be more personal:
Your most anticipated book of 2018.

The Long Forever by Eugene Lambert.
I have followed this series from birth and I can't wait for the  third book in this series!
(Also Eugene Lambert liked my review of Into the No-Zone!!)

Really, Resolutions?:
A book you promise to read this year.


I have absolutely no idea what I want to read next year! I just hope I can shrink my TBR to 100 books!


What was your favourite book from 2017? What book do you want to read next year? Have you done this tag? 
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment