Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Bookish goals for 2019

The new year is here and with it comes all the goals I want to achieve. I usually don't set goals for myself as I like to go with the flow but I thought it would be fun to have some aims this year (especially as it means I can reflect on how badly I did at the end of this year).

I tried to keep this goals as general as possible so that I'm more likely to achieve them, as well as including a few about my social media and other bookish related goals. So a nice variety for this year!

Reading Goals

1- Read 52 books this year: 
This has been my goal for the last few years and I always manage to crush it, reading 100+ books. However, this year is a busy one for me, what with A-levels and university, so I'm not actually too sure if I'll even read 52. But a gal can dream!

2- Review every book I read:
Don't worry! You're not going to suddenly get an influx of reviews on here. I'm awful at reviewing books on Goodreads ( I think I reviewed about 30 books last year) so I'm going to try and change it this year...

3- Read more classics:
I tend not to read classics because I find them so hard to get into, but as an English Literature student I feel a sort of duty to read more classics. I'm aiming to read 12 classics this year (so one every month) in order to feel more educated.

4- Complete some reading challenges
I realise this is super vague and gives you no information whatsoever, but I have an entire page of my blog dedicated to the challenges that I want to complete this year, so instead of listing them all over again here I'm going to leave a link to that page here.

Social Media and other stuff


1- Post on this blog 4 times a week:
This is what I promised several times last year, but I've never been able to keep on top of that. Whilst on my Christmas holiday I've been able to create quite a large backlog of blog posts, so hopefully I'll be able to keep up my blog schedule for the whole year.

2- Try to revive my bookstagram:
Yep...my bookstagram has died several deaths so I'm going to try and revive it again this year. We'll see how that goes, especially as I'l be moving around a lot this year.

3- Complete NaNoWriMO:
I have never managed to do this. I always start with good intentions and then always forget about it within 3 days. This year I'm going to try and stay motivated throughout the entirety of November and aim to hit the 50,000 word goal! I might even write about it on the blog (if I remember).

 I think these goals will keep me pretty busy this year, both in my reading life and online life.
What are your goals for 2019? Are any of them similar to mine?
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment