Thursday, October 11, 2018

The Fall Book Tag

It is finally Autumn again and I couldn't be happier. I love Autumn so much, it is colder, cosier and the world just becomes so pretty.

This tag, created by the Bionic Bookworm, is the Fall Book Tag which suggests it is created by someone American. I actually researched why it is Autumn in English and Fall in America, because I'm a word nerd and love to learn (I know, ultimate nerd). In short, autumn and fall were both used in England but because autumn is from Latin and English people spoke Latin for a lot longer than those who lived in America. 

Anyway...onto the tag!

Crisp Fall Leaves - A book that felt fresh and new

I generally read the same style and genre of book (because I'm not very adventurous) but one book that did feel new was  Daughter of Smoke and Bones by Laini Taylor. I don't read fantasy very often because I struggle to stay focused, but this book had me hooked.

Howling Winds - An ending that blew you away

This might not be very original but I'm going to say Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. This book, and indeed the whole series, had so many twists and turns that everything in this book was surprising. I honestly was expecting the ending that came with this book and I spent a solid fortnight getting over the ending.

Comfy sweater - A book that gave you warm, fuzzy feelings

To All The Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han is the warmest and fuzziest book I've ever read. Although Harry Potter makes me feel warm and fuzzy, TATBILB is loveliness in a book.

Bright colours - A book cover with yellow, red or orange on it

The most obvious book for this one is Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. It has all three of these colours on it and does scream autumn. Although the story doesn't have anything to do with autumn, being set predominantly in space, it is all the colours of autumn.

Leaf Fight - A book with non-stop action

Definitely The Sign of One by Eugene Lambert, the one book series I can't stop raving about. This whole series is jammed full of action and adventure which kept me gripped to the very end.

Pumpkin Spice - Your most anticipated read

I don't have too many new releases on my radar at the moment but one that I am very excited about is Broken Things by Lauren Oliver. I love Lauren Oliver's writing style and this book sounds so intriguing. I've been really into mystery books at the moment so this is right up my alley.

Which books remind you of Autumn? Which genre do you read the most at this time? 
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment