Tuesday, October 1, 2019

The only maths I will do (aka numbers in titles)

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Titles with Numbers in Them

Until I saw this topic I hadn't really given a second thought to how many books have numbers in the title, but now it is all I can think of. When I went into the bookshop the other day every single book I looked at seemed to have a number in the title and now I can't escape this trend. 

I wonder why so many books have numbers in the title; is it because people are attracted to numbers or is it because it adds an air of mystery? Who knows. I definitely don't.

Today we are going to be counting as high as possible using book titles. The basic rules are: I can't skip numbers, I can use fractions (like 9 3/4 or 7 1/2) and obviously they have to be real books.

Let's go!

Ready Player One- Ernest Cline

Two Can Keep a Secret- Karen M. McNamus

Life of Pi- Yann Martel

Four- Veronica Roth

The Five People You Meet in Heaven- Mitch Albom

Six of Crows- Leigh Bardugo

The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle- Stuart Turton

Fox 8- George Saunders

Ninth House- Leigh Bardugo

Ten Things We Did- Sarah Mlynoski

Station Eleven- Emily St John Mandel

Twelfth Night- William Shakespeare

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4- Sue Townsend

That's as far as I could get to, but if you can think of anymore please comment below! Just remember that you can't skip numbers (sorry, no 1984) but you can use fractions.

And until next time, keep reading!

3 comments:

  1. FYI, your link at That Arty Reader Girl's site is broken today.

    And Ninth House does sound like an interesting read.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at Life of Pi. I mean, accurate, but unexpected. :D

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life of Pi! What a great title for this theme. :D I put the Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle on my list, too.

    ReplyDelete