Friday, October 4, 2019

September Wrap-up

Autumn is officially here, school has started again and the holiday season is about to begin. If you have seen any of my posts from this month then you will know that Autumn is my favourite time of the year. The weather turns cold and it becomes socially acceptable to sit inside with a warm drink and a book. Also I'm one of those odd people who enjoys the feeling of being cold, when the wind pinch your face and numbs your fingers, because it makes your body feel alive (plus going inside afterwards always feels better). Anyway, onto my month!

What I read:

The Cruel Prince by Holly Black- I'm late to this book, but I'm glad I waited until I was in a fantasy mood, rather than forcing myself through it. I've already reviewed it as well!

Happiness for Beginners by Carole Matthews-I wanted to get a romance kick (especially after reading so many fantasy books) but sadly this book didn't deliver for me. (I've written a review so you can see all of my thoughts).

From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon-this book was what I was looking for when I wanted romance, but it gave me so much more. Of course, I had to review it straight away because I loved it so much.

On the Come Up by Angie Thomas- Obviously this book was amazing and made you really think about society and the treatment of African-Americans. I can't wait for Angie Thomas to release more books.

Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne- this book took me so long to get through (especially for how short it is) but I'm glad I pushed through it because it was the best travel book I've read in a while.

Zenith: Phase One by Grant Morrison- my only graphic novel of the month, the concept of this book was so different from any other stories I've read. Think Captain America mixed with Maus.

They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera- reading this on the last day of the month was both a great and an awful decision. It hurt my heart to read it and I'm going to try read more Adam Silvera by the end of the year.

What I watched:


Unbelievable- this was incredible and possibly the best thing I've watched all year. I will admit, I stayed up all night watching the entire thing in one night, but it has stuck with me and I'm definitely going to have to watch it again at some point.

Outlander (season 1)- I'm very late to the bandwagon here but I finally get all the hype around this series. I used to watch a lot of Sasha's videos and she was obsessed with this book, and now I've started watching the series I can understand why! One of my first reads of October is going to have to be Outlander, just to see the similarities and differences.

The Good Place (season 4)- it's back! It's a bittersweet moment, because this is going to be the last season of the Good Place, but it is the kind of series that I can watch over and over again so I'll be able to watch the show again once it's over.

What I wrote:

Books I'm reading this Autumn- coming back to Top Ten Tuesday with this post was good fun, although I've already changed my plans at least twice since writing this post!

The Autumn Book Tag - I thought I'd kick of the new season with a tag about all things Autumn, and let me tell you, I had a lot of fun looking through my bookshelves for the most Autumny book I could find.

Series Review: Shadowhunters- I have a series on this blog where I review popular series collectively, and  this month was the Shadowhunter series. I've finally caught up with the series (after 4 years of reading them!) and am so excited for the books that are getting released next year!

What I did:

Started university- I am officially a university student now so I have no money and a lot of work. But all jokes aside, I've loved my first month here and I'm really excited for the rest of my course. 

Started writing again - I've been meaning to get back into writing for a long time now and I decided to finally get back into. I'm uploading the chapters onto Wattpad, so if you want to check it out feel free!

Revived my instagram- seems like I spent most of this month starting things but towards the end of the month I started paying more attention to my instagram account (which you can check out for more bookish stuff)

Sang karaoke for the first time- yes, I have gone 18 years without singing karaoke and I finally broke that this month. Obviously I had to sing Bohemian Rhapsody which was an incredibly powerful moment (and I lived off the buzz for days).

What did you do this September? And what are your plans for October? 
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment