Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Top 10 books I've read this year

This meme was created by the lovely people over at The Broke and Bookish.

I honestly can't believe that the first half of the year has gone already. It seems like just yesterday that New Year happened and now it's the middle of summer!

This year I've read a ton of great books (and a few bad books), so it was really hard to narrow my favourites down. I choose  books that I would recommend to anyone and that I haven't been able to stop thinking about.

There isn't really any order to my list of books but the first book is definitely my favourite book that I read this year (and maybe of all time!)


 1- Faceless by Alyssa B. Sheinmel

This book is by far my favourite book on this list. Since reading it I haven't been able to stop thinking about and might actually be re-reading it this summer! It is such a heart-warming and inspiring book which will make you think about how you define your identity.

2- The List by Siobhan Vivian

This book has a very different concept, and has 8 different POVs to read.Although it was confusing at times I adored this book and felt it had such an important message behind it.

3- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository | Review

I finally read this book this year and I loved it, as I was sure I would. It had awesome characters and a compelling plot line which made me want to read this book as fast as I could.

4- This is where it ends by Marieke Nijkamp
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository | Review

I'm fortunate enough that school shootings aren't a thing near me, but it was really interesting to read about a shooting and how it affects the people involved. It was also interesting because the entire story takes place over 54 minutes but so much happens that you can't believe it ends so quickly!

5- Into the No-zone by Eugene Lambert
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

This was my most anticipated book of 2017 and I was lucky enough to get it the day it came out. I read it in a day, flying through it so fast. It is the second book in the Sign of One trilogy which is quickly becoming my favourite trilogy of all time. I love this book and can't wait for the final instalment which is coming out next year!

6- The Bone Sparrow by Zana Fraillon 
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository | Review

This is book is so important right now because it deals with refugees and the camps they have to stay in. I loved it because it has the feel of a modern day Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, which is book I have re-read multiple times.

7- To all the boys I've loved before by Jenny Han
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository | Review

Another book I finally got to this year and I actually managed to finished both books before the finale came out in May! I loved this cutesy contemporary book and it would be perfect to read in the summer.

8- Holding up the universe by Jennifer Niven
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository | Review

I loved this book so much! It opened my eyes up to new perspectives on life that I'd never considered before. It was educational and fun at the same time; I think it may be one of my favourite reads of 2017.

9- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository

This book was one of the few that has left me in a slump. I read this in a day when I was procrastinating reading books for school, which led to me not being able to pick up another book for 2 weeks. I got so invested in the characters and the story line that I just wanted more.

10- Wing Jones by Katherine Webber
Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository | Review

This book was inspiring and educational. I loved reading about Wing's journey and her constant determination inspired me to try harder with everything I was doing. It was also interesting to see a story with so many different cultures mixed up together.


What are your favourite reads from this year? Do you want to read any of these books? Tell in the comments below (as well as leaving a link to your TTT so I can check it out)!

And until next time, keep reading! 




No comments:

Post a Comment