Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Top five series I own but haven't read

I'm usually very good at keeping up with series. I'll buy the first book and read it straight away, then go out and get the next books. But recently I've been falling behind as I read more and more stand alones. And I hate it.




This topic actually came at a perfect time; I've just reorganised my bookshelf and rediscovered old series that I'd lost on my bookshelf. Fresh, new series that I haven't even picked up the first book of. Series that I'm going to share with you.



Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard

Reason for procrastination: Scared of the hype
I have no excuses except that I'm scared of the hype. Everyone went crazy about this book when it was released and I'm scared it won't live up to my expectations and that I'll hate it...



The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
  
Reason for procrastination: Haven't finished TMI
I looked online for the right order to read all of Cassandra Clare's books, to avoid the spoilers, and I finally came across Emma Books video that explains which order you should read them in. I'll be reading this series after I finish City of Glass and then I'll finally catch up with everyone else!


Matched series by Ally Condie

Reason for procrastination: Bad reviews
So when I saw this book in a cheap bookshop I was super excited. I'd heard about this series everywhere and wanted to be part of the dystopian clan. And then I went on Goodreads. 3.6 isn't a bad rating but you do have to scroll for a while before you find a review higher than 2 stars. Now I'm worried that I'll hate a book I used to love. Which is stupid!


The Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness

Reason for procrastination: Intimidation
I actually remember this book coming out and taking over every single bookshop possible. My teacher kept on pushing this book on the class but, being the Divergent I am, I refused to read it. Last year I got sent the book and now I'm forced to read it. And I'll get to it...one day.


His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman

Reason for procrastination: Ummm *hides*
I have literally no excuse for not reading this book series. I've watched the film, I own the books, I've even started reading it...but somehow I just can't read it. I have no idea why but I've never got past the first chapter. Maybe it's because the book is high fantasy and that intimidates me a little. 



I need to pull on my big girl boots and just get on with reading these series. They've all been on my bookshelves for at least a year and they're books that I really badly want to read so I have literally no excuse (except for the ones I made up!) If you've read any of these books I'd love to now your opinions, and which series you recommend I read first. Are there any series you've been putting off reading? Let me know in the comments!

And until the next time, keep reading!

2 comments:

  1. The Red Queen and Infernal Devices are both on my list as well!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one of these I've read is Red Queen which I liked but didn't love.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-112/

    ReplyDelete