Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Characters I could dress up as tomorrow

Top Ten Tuesday is run by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl so go check her out!

My boarding house isn't doing anything for Halloween this year, which is a little disappointing because I was so ready to dress up. Today I'm going to share with you the list of characters that I might have dressed up this year, if my school didn't value education over entertainment.

1- Hermione Granger

I know this is a pretty generic answer for a book lover but I think it would be super fun to dress up as Hermione. I've dressed up Bellatrix before (which was awesome) so I think I should dress up as a good guy at some point. Also...I want to make my hair as big as Hermione's.

2- A camper from Camp Half Blood

Dd you see what I did with the orange font for Camp Half Blood? Did you...did you see?
My friend is actually going as a camper this year and her costume is so cool. This costume wouldn't actually be too hard to put together because basically all you need is an orange jumper, but I think it would look really awesome. Maybe I'll just buy an orange jumper and wear it on Halloween anyway...

3- Mary Poppins

This costume is practically perfect in every way. I was looking at pictures of Mary Poppins and I started constructing the costume in my head, pulling different items of clothing out of my cupboard (still in my mind). It was my Beautiful Mind moment, so I imagine my roommates thought I looked slightly mental.

4- Coraline

This costume is perfect because it is both bookish and scary. I love Coraline's clothes, with the bright colours and multiple layers making a bold statement anywhere. It would be kind of fun to dress up in such bright colours for the day, considering I usually just stick to blues and blacks.

5- Ophelia

Ophelia is my favourite Shakespeare character of all the plays that I've read. She is a sweet and gentle character who is corrupted by Hamlet and his neglectful nature and I love her entire arc. She is an incredible character and would super easy to dress up as.

6- Lou

Even though I didn't enjoy Me Before You I would love to wear some bumblebee socks. I actually dress in a very similar way to Lou already so all I'd have to do is find some stripy socks.

7- Alice

Alice from Alice in Wonderland has the most beautiful blue dress and I'm super jealous of her. If I did dress up as Alice I would finally be able to justify buying another dress, especially one as pretty as hers.

Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? If you are, what are you going as?
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

1 comment:

  1. My sister dressed up as Alice once. I’d want to be something creepier, like the Other Mother from Coraline.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete