Thursday, October 25, 2018

The Candy Book Tag

One of the main aspects of the new Westernised Halloween is the sweets that you collect whilst trick or treating. There are so many different types of sweets out there these days, and fortunately there are also a lot of different types of books. I always love matching food to books, so hopefully this tag will be just as fun.

I don't actually know who created this tag, but if you do please leave it in the comments. 

Apples: 
Ah. Healthy food. It is deep, meaningful and has probably won loads of awards but it isn't your thing.

 I actually love apples, and in a similar way I love deep and meaningful books. One book that did fall a little short for me was The Martian by Andy Wier. I really enjoyed the book as a whole, but there were several moments in the book where I truly believed I was going to have to DNF it. Maybe it is my absolute refusal to read sci-fi but there was something about the book that  made it less enjoyable.

Milk Chocolate:
A book you would recommend to everyone

I think The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak  is a great book to recommend to anyone. Although the book is about a girl, Leslie, the narrator is Death so anyone can enjoy it. It is a perfect introduction to the young adult genre for any reader, no matter what age or gender.

Black Jellybeans:
Why does these exist?

I think I have weird food tastes because I love the black jellybeans aka liquorice. However, a book that I wish was zapped out of existence is Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I didn't enjoy this book at all and had so many problems with so much of this book.

Chocolate Kisses:
Awww this book has the cutest romance

The love triangle in The Infernal Devices trilogy is the cutest romance I've read in a while. Every single romance in this novel was adorable and I wish they could all be friends with me.

Gummy Spiders:
Eek! You made sure to check under your bed every night for a week after reading this scary one

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs terrified me and I actually had to sleep with the lights on for several nights because I was so scared. I would not recommend reading it at night!

Jumbo Lollipops:
This took you forever to get through but hey! You did it!

Most of the books I read for GCSE English took me forever to get through, but the one I remember taking me several months to get through was Spies by Michael Frayn. I spent about two months on this book and would have definitely put it down if my grade didn't depend on it.

Cotton Candy:
Admit it! You loved it when you were a child.

As a child I read every single book by Enid Blyton with Malory Towers and the Famous Five holding special places in my heart.I loved them so much as a child that I will probably read them to my children in the future.

Which book took you forever to get through? And which sweet is your favourite sweet?
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment