Wednesday, March 8, 2017

How to read more books

I am not an expert when it comes to consistent reading; there are some months where I read 6 or 7 books and other months where I read half a book. However I do have some skill when it comes to reading lots of books. The months when I actually remember just how much I love reading are the months where I fly through books left, right and centre. So today I decided to share my wisdom with you guys and tell you how I read more books.
  1. Take a book with you everywhere. This one might seem obvious because you need a book to read (duh...) but it would surprise you how much more time you spend reading when you begin carrying books around with you. Even if you know you won't have time to read your book just remembering to pick up your book means you're one step closer to reading it. 
  2. Remember to read. Again this might sound obvious but it does make a difference. I was sitting on my bed over the weekend, scrolling through Instagram without any real purpose. In the hour I sat there staring at random people's dogs I could have easily read a couple of chapters of my book. So instead of wasting your time staring at random feeds, put down your phone and pick up a book!
  3. Set a Goodreads goal. This doesn't work for everyone, but it does work for me. Having a yearly target means that you feel the need to read books in your spare time. For me it works because I am super competitive, so I feel the need to try and crush my reading goal. It is always a nice way to keep track of which books you've read that year so you can look back and remember all the awesome books you enjoyed.
  4. Listen to audio books. Most popular books have an audio book to go with them so if you don't have time to sit down and read a book, download the audio book. There are so many different places to get audio books (online, library, book shops), that it is easy to pick one up. By doing this you will be able to listen to the book anywhere and easily get through your TBR.
  5. Don't read bad books. I have to admit, I'm awful at following this rule. Once I start reading a book I have to finish reading it otherwise I feel like I'm a failure. So one of my new year's resolutions is to stop reading a book if I'm not enjoying. Seriously, if you're not enjoying a book PUT IT DOWN! Don't torture yourself with a rubbish book when you could be reading two good ones.
So those are my tips for reading more books. If you any of these help you, or if you have tips of your own, please leave them in the comments below so that we can all help each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment