Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March Book Haul

This month I accumulated 11 books, due to my recent discovery of Wordery and Book Depository (both of which having free shipping). They are all books I've been dying to read and finally managed to pick up. So far I've read 2 of them but I do plan to read several more next month. And now, the books.




The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
Flora has amnesia. She can't remember anything day-to-day: the joke her friend made, the instructions her parents gave her, how old she is.
Then she kisses someone she shouldn't- and the next day she remembers it. 
It's the first time she has remembered anything since she was ten. But the boy is gone.

I bought and read this book this month after finding it for half price on Wordery. I didn't fall in love with it right away but it has slowly grown on me. My full review is here if you want to know more about the book and my opinions on it.




The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Natasha: I'm a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I'm definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. 
Daniel: I've always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents' high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. 

I don't know much about this book apart from what is written above. However all my friends (and the entirety of the book community) love it and have been telling everyone to read so I'm super excited to read this book.



Holding up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
Everyone thinks they know Libby Strout, but no one's ever looked past her weight. Since her mum's death, Libby's been hiding, but she's ready for high school.Everyone thinks they know Jack Masselin too- sexy aloof and too cool for school. But Jack's swaggering confidence is hiding a secret he must keep at all costs.Then Jack meets Libby. And their worlds change.
I'm super excited to read this book; it has 4/5 stars on Goodreads and so many of my friends have loved it that I was sure I had to pick it up.

The Fever Code by James Dashner
The world has ended: the earth is scorched, and fever rages through the population. Out of the chaos, a boy emerges with the power to change everything: Thomas. This is the start of his story. 
This has jumped right up to the top of my TBR pile; I've never wanted to read a book more. I read the prequel, The Kill Order, towards the end of last year and enjoyed it. However my main problem was that is wasn't about the characters we know and love, which this book is! I can't wait to get stuck into it.

The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn + David Levithan
Dash and Lily have had a tough year since they first fell in love among the shelves of their favourite bookstore. Lily’s beloved grandfather suffered a heart attack, and his difficult road to recovery has taken a major toll on her typically sunny disposition.
With only twelve days left until Christmas—Lily’s favourite time of the year—Dash, Lily’s brother Langston, and their closest friends must take Manhattan by storm to help Lily recapture the unique holiday magic of a glittering, snow-covered New York City in December.
This book has a beautiful cover, which of course isn't the most important thing (but it is!) I've actually already read this book, so my full review is here.

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Theodore Finch wants to take his own life.
Violet Markey is devastated by her sister's death.
They meet on the ledge of the school bell tower, and so their story begins. I's only together they can be themselves...But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink. How far will Violet go to save the boy she has come to love?
I'm hoping to read this book before the film comes out in 2018 (which is possible). I know this had a lot of hype when it came out, but I was worried about how it was going to deal with mental illness. However I've heard enough positive things about the book that I'm willing to try it.
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?
I finally got Anna and the French Kiss! I've waited so long to read this book so when I found it for £4 I grabbed it. This book has got such amazing reviews everywhere and everyone seems to love Stephanie Perkins. I will admit this is my first Stephanie Perkins book ever.
The Heir by Kiera Cass
Eighteen years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon's heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn't expect her Selection to be anything like her parents' fairy-tale love story...but as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.
My favourite book series of all time is The Selection series so I can't wait to dive into the world again. I love Kiera Cass's writing style, and I adored America Singer as a character so I'm excited to meet her again (as well as her daughter). This is at the top of my TBR pile so expect to see a review up soon!


Wither by Lauren DeStefano
What if you knew exactly when you'd die? A botched effort to create a perfect race has left all males born with a lifespan of 25 years, and females a lifespan of 20 years--leaving the world in a state of panic.By age sixteen, Rhine Ellery has four years left to live.When Rhine is sold as a bride, she vows to do all she can to escape. Yet her husband, Linden, is hopelessly in love with her, and Rhine can't bring herself to hate him as much as she'd like to. But Rhine quickly learns that not everything in her new husband's strange world is what it seems. 
I've already read this book and I fell in love with it. However it has been so long since I last read it that I want to read it again before continuing with the series.
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken


 Etta is a violin prodigy who resides in present-day New York City. Nicholas is a sailor who resides in 18th century colonial America. Etta is thrown from the world she had always known to unfamiliar places and eras, including Nicholas’ ship. Etta and Nicholas must embark on a quest through time to stay alive. With high stakes, lives on the line and heated romance, Etta and Nicholas travel to unimaginable times and places.

This was partially a cover buy and partially a planned buy. The book got a lot of praise when it came out (4 stars on Goodreads), and the premise interested. Also, who can ignore this cover?!




Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
Amani Al’Hiza is desperate to escape the tiny village of Dustwalk. Her best chance at making the money for the journey to Miraji’s capital is her gun. Dressed as a boy to enter a shooting contest, Amani makes an unlikely alliance with a mysterious foreigner. The contest ends in chaos, and Amani barely escapes with her life, let alone the prize money. When the foreigner, Jin, reappears on the run from the Sultan’s army, Amani knows it could be dangerous to help, but she can’t shake the idea that Jin may be able to help her in return

Once again: a fantastic story concept mixed with a beautiful cover. I can't wait to pick it up!


So there it is: all the books I bought in March. Usually I don't buy this many books, but I made two big orders in February so I just seemed to collect a whole hoard of books. 

I'd love to know if you've read any of the books on this list, and what you thought about them. Also which books would you like to read from this book? Tell me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment