Tuesday, July 4, 2017

June Book Haul!

I finally reined in my book buying spree this month and only bought 4 books this whole month! Even better I read 10 books this month, so I'm cutting my TBR list down (very slowly!).




Countless by Karen Gregory
When Hedda discovers she is pregnant, she doesn’t believe she could ever look after a baby. The numbers just don’t add up. She is young, and still in the grip of an eating disorder that controls every aspect of how she goes about her daily life. She’s even given her eating disorder a name – Nia. But as the days tick by, Hedda comes to a decision: she and Nia will call a truce, just until the baby is born. 17 weeks, 119 days, 357 meals. She can do it, if she takes it one day at a time.

I honestly know nothing else about this book, but the concept sounds so different from anything else I've read.



Just One Day by Gayle Forman
Allyson Healey's life is exactly like her suitcase—packed, planned, ordered. Then on the last day of her three-week post-graduation European tour, she meets Willem. A free-spirited, roving actor, Willem is everything she’s not, and when he invites her to abandon her plans and come to Paris with him, Allyson says yes. This uncharacteristic decision leads to a day of risk and romance, liberation and intimacy: 24 hours that will transform Allyson’s life.

I'm on a French-high right now (I just in love with everything French), and I adored If I stay so naturally I had to pick up this book. Also look at this cover!




One of us is lying by Karen M. McManus

Five students walk into detention. Only four leave alive.
Everyone has secrets, right?

If that doesn't get you excited I don't know what will. It has a Breakfast Club vibe, except  more mysterious. There are five different people who fit into the different cliques but are forced to go into detention together. Also the pages are blood red!





Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling

Everyone knows the plot so I won't put it here. These new editions are absolutely beautiful, and I love every single version. Of course I had to choose the Hufflepuff edition because of house pride! Another thing I loved was the  fact that there were three adjectives on the covers to describe each house.

I will mention that I got this Hufflepuff hardcover from Waitrose for only £7! ($9.22 | €8)





After buying these books I actually received 3 more books from my school library. These books were completely free but I'm still going to share them with you!



It has to be you by Sarah Webb

Welcome to modern life and love in tiny Burnaby, Ireland, where three very different women with big dreams, the closest of friends, are about to discover that"happily ever after" could be only a heartbeat-or a heartbreak-away.

Sometimes you just need a guilty pleasure book to read whilst curled up under a warm blanket with a cup of tea. Due to the large amount of days I've had like this I've run out of books to read, so this is for my next treat-myself day.






The Secret Countess by Eva Ibbotson
Anna, a young countess, has lived in the glittering city of St Petersburg all her life in an ice-blue palace overlooking the River Neva. But when revolution tears Russia apart, her now-penniless family is forced to flee to England. Armed with an out-of-date book on housekeeping, Anna determines to become a housemaid and she finds work at the Earl of Westerholme's crumbling but magnificent mansion. The staff and the family are sure there is something not quite right about their new maid - but she soon wins them over with her warmth and dedication.

As some of you may know I love historical fiction so when I found out my school was throwing this book out I knew I had to save it. 




The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory


When Mary Boleyn comes to court as an innocent girl of fourteen, she catches the eye of Henry VIII. Dazzled, Mary falls in love with both her golden prince and her growing role as unofficial queen. However, she soon realises just how much she is a pawn in her family's ambitious plots as the king's interest begins to wane and she is forced to step aside for her best friend and rival: her sister, Anne. Then Mary knows that she must defy her family and her king and take fate into her own hands.

Hey look. More historical fiction!




Have you read any of these books? Or do you want to read any of these books? Did you buy more books than me this month? Let me know in the comments!

And until next time, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment