Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Ten Hidden Gems in Middle Grad

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Broke and Bookish.

I read a lot of middle grad even though I'm closer to the adult spectrum. There is just something so warm and familiar about a middle grad book, something that makes me want to curl up under a blanket and drink a mug of hot chocolate. I love cosiness and reminiscing so middle grad is perfect for me.

There are certain middle grad books that everyone has heard of, like Percy Jackson or Harry Potter, but there are some lesser known middle grad books that I love just as much even if they aren't as popular.



1- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall



2- Time Stops for No Mouse by Michael Hoeye




3- The Warrior Cat series by Erin Hunter



4- The Girl Savage by Katherine Rundell






5- Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nicholas



6- The Touchstone by Andrew Norris






7- Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt 


8- Butterfly Summer by Anne Marie Conway








9- Frozen in Time by Ali Sparkes


10- Charlotte's Web by E.B White

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads
(Okay so Charlotte's Web is very popular but I had to put it on my list)

What are your favourite children's books? Have you read any of the books on my list? Have you posted a TTT? Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!

4 comments:

  1. Great selection. I don`t read enough middle grade to be honest, but I want to change that.

    Carmen / Carmen`s Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading Charlotte's Web as a child. Really enjoyed the story. I don't read much middle grade these days but enjoyed your list :)

    My TTT:Hidden Gems in YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte's Web was one of my favourite books as a kid!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/29/top-ten-tuesday-122/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to read the Warrior Cat series! Ah, and Charlotte's Web, one of my childhood favorites!

    Here is our TTT

    ReplyDelete