Thursday, August 24, 2017

Unpopular Opinion Book Tag

This week I thought I'd share all of my most unpopular opinions with the bookish community. I'm usually quite vocal about books or characters I don't like so this tag is right up my street.

This tag was created by The Book Archer over on Youtube.


1- A popular book or series you didn't like
I didn't enjoy either of these and have only kept them on my shelves because they have such beautiful covers!

2- A popular series that you love but everyone else seems to hate
I'm a die hard fan for these books and actually read them before all the hype built up around them. It wasn't until quite recently (end of last year) that I realised I was alone in my love for these books.

3- A OTP that you don't agree with

I'm usually fairly on board with any couple thrown my way but I was annoyed when Audrey ended up with Linus. I just couldn't seem to agree with Audrey's feelings for him!

4- A popular genre you hardly reach for

Fantasy. I don't mean to avoid fantasy books but it just sort of happens. I'll search for a great fantasy novel and then end up buying a contemporary! So if you have any recommendations, please let me know in the comments. :)

5- A popular character you didn't like

I'm going to have to say Gus from TFIOS. Wait! Put down those pitchforks! It wasn't that I disliked him, it was more that I didn't fall in love with him the same way everyone else seemed to.

6- A popular author you can't get into

Sarah J. Mass- I read 'Throne of Glass' and found it okay (okay enough to want to find out what happens next). I also read the first 5 pages of ACOTAR but got bored and put it down.

7- A popular trope you're tired of seeing

I have two for this one: the constant biting of lips and the lack of school systems (apart from Hogwarts and SOAP in Anna and the French Kiss).

8- A popular series you're not interested in reading

 A Court of Thrones and Roses. I tried it once and never again.

9- A movie adaptation you prefer to the books

The Narnia movies. Sure the books are incredible but I love the movies even more.


Do you agree with my opinions? Even better, do you disagree? 
Let me know in the comments below!

And until next time, keep reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment